Saturday, April 22, 2006

Twenty Years After, enterring "zone I" (part 7 of n)

IMG_4009

Re: map

IMG_3955

This building (first picture) is probably the most important building in Chernobyl (city). This is usually the place where visitors put protective cloths on before entering "zone I" and where must briefings take place.

If you are wondering what is written in the suits: "pripyat.com".

(a quick note about the protective cloths: I do not believe that those protective cloths were that important if you are going to stay just a few ours a day along a week or so in the "area I". I also believe that the most sensitive parts to protect are the hair, the beard and hand nails, that can collect dust).


UPDATE (Coordinates & Satellite Photos - added in 2006-Jun-06):

The pictures were taken near the point

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=51.27357,+30.21960&ll=51.273605,30.219601&spn=0.001446,0.005364&t=k&om=1
(the large building was the place were we hold the meetings, change to
"radiations cloths" and ... where I had lunch that day. It is also the
headquarters of the administration of the "Chernobyl Area"

No comments: